- President of Kazakhstan
- Prime Minister of Kazakhstan
- Minister of Foreign Affairs
- State Symbols
- 100 Concrete Steps
- 550th Anniversary of Kazakh Khanate
- Cыртқы саясатының 2014-2020 жылдарға арналған тұжырымдамасы
- Концепция внешней политики на 2014-2020
- Foreign Policy Concept for 2014-2020
- Assembly of People of Kazakhstan
- ATOM Project
- Civil Society in Kazakhstan
The ATOM Project is an international campaign designed to do more than create awareness surrounding the human and environmental devastation caused by nuclear weapons testing. The ATOM Project hopes to affect real and lasting change by engaging millions of global citizens to permanently stop nuclear weapons testing by joining together to show the world’s leaders that the world’s citizens deserve and demand a world without nuclear weapons testing. By signing The ATOM Project petition and joining the dialogue, we can stop nuclear weapons testing forever. The ATOM Project is sponsored by The Nazarbayev Center, which has as one of its main missions the promotion of nuclear responsibility, disarmament, and global nonproliferation.
Affect real and lasting change by engaging millions of global citizens to permanently stop nuclear weapons testing by joining together to show the world’s leaders that the world’s citizens deserve and demand a world without nuclear weapons testing.
A world without nuclear weapons testing.
- Unify world support against nuclear weapons testing and reinvigorate a global dialogue about its dangers.
- Influence the world's leaders to permanently stop nuclear weapons testing.
- Deliver the petition to the leaders of the world’s nuclear powers and to the leaders of the countries that have either not signed or ratified the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty, seeking the goal of ensuring the entry into force of this Treaty as the legal means of putting a permanent stop to nuclear weapons testing globally.
In 1949, the Soviet nuclear weapons programme chose a test site right outside the Kazakhstan city of Semipalatinsk. From 1949 until 1989, 456 nuclear weapons tests were conducted at the site. The people of Semey, as the city is now known, were not asked, did not know, and certainly had no idea of what the implications would be in regard to these tests.
The faces and bodies and lives of the people of Semey tell the story of what nuclear weapons testing does. They are a warning for the future. The ATOM Project seeks to heed their warning and hear their voices by putting a permanent stop to nuclear weapons testing and ensuring all fissile material is secured before it falls into the wrong hands. You can stop nuclear weapons testing forever and make the world a safer place for today and for generations to come.
The Atom Project is an initiative of The Nazarbayev Center NuclearSafeWorld.org, whose mission includes the promotion of nuclear responsibility, nuclear disarmament, and nuclear nonproliferation according to the vision of President Nursultan Nazarbayev. For more information contact Info@NazarbayevCenter.org
You can visit the ATOM Project website at http://www.theatomproject.org/en/
Sign The ATOM Project Petition to stop nuclear weapons testing at http://www.theatomproject.org/en/act-now